WINDOWS ON THE EAST OR WEST
- Awning blind - Cut out 70% of the heat and easily lifted up to enjoy the natural light when the sun is off the window
- Roller Shutters - provide insulation and noise control as well as shading.
- Window tinting - cut the heat by 50% but reduces light all year around.
- Small tree, large shrub or a pergola with a vine outside of the windows - Deciduous varieties will drop their leaves to let in the winter sun. Planting can cut 60% of the summer heat from the window
- Simply hanging shade cloth from the outside of the window frame
WINDOWS ON THE NORTH
- Add fixed awnings where there are no eaves
- Add shade sails to protect paved areas from the summer sun - paving heats up and continues to transfer heat to the house at night.